Thursday, January 3, 2013

Melba WEIGHING Less..

It has been a crazy-ridiculous long time since I made a blog post. I've lost about one-hundred pounds (no big deal lol) using MyFitnessPal and have totally revamped the way I cook.

Some of my Pals have requested recipes (one flaw of the app is that you cannot view/share recipes with friends) so I figured what better way to share recipes than on my long-neglected blog.

I've been working on my upping my protein intake and controlling carbs. So far it's been fairly easy.. but boring. I've grown listless with tuna (gasp!) and protein shakes aren't really something warm and comforting you can sit down around a table and share with the family.

I made up this recipe after being inspired by the Southwestern Style Egg Beaters that called to me from Wegmans cooler. This recipe is versatile enough to feed two VERY hungry adults or a family of four with a complementing side. Mangia!

Southwestern Soufflé

• 12 ounces cooked 99% fat-free ground turkey
• 15 ounces Southwestern Style Egg Beaters
• 2 cups fresh baby spinach
• 1 1/2 cups fat-free shredded cheddar
• 3/4 cup *salsa (optional)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Liberally apply cooking spray to a non-stick skillet. This is important: the lack of fat in the turkey makes it stick easily - even on non-stick surfaces. Cook ground turkey over medium-high heat until done; drain excess fat/water.

Lightly coat a 2 quart rectangular Pyrex dish with cooking spray. Pour in eggs. Add ground turkey. Top with baby spinach and shredded cheese. Add *salsa a tablespoon at a time. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until eggs are no longer runny and any excess moisture from the spinach and/or salsa has cooked away. Enjoy!







1 comment:

  1. Oh im gonna have to try this one. My family will love this. Thanks for sharing.!

    ReplyDelete