Monday, May 9, 2011

Heath Chip Cookies

I was supposed to make something with rhubarb today, but I was too busy finishing a handbag so I decided to whip these up after dinner while the hubs and the kids skipped rocks on the creek.  Who said a cake mix has to result in cake?  Not Melba..

Preheat the oven to 375

What You Will Need:

I have never tried this recipe with a chocolate cake mix, but I bet it's amazing.  I think the bake temperature should be reduced to 350 and parchment paper is highly recommended.

Melt cold butter in microwave safe dish for 35-45 seconds depending on wattage

Pour cake mix into mixing bowl, make a well in the the middle,  pour in melted butter and 2 tablespoons of warm water. Mix for thirty strokes until all ingredients are well-moistened.  Mix in 2 eggs.

Add  1/2 cup of chopped  pecans  and a bag of Heath chips

Mix

Drop by spoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined cookie sheet

Bake for 8-10 minutes.  You will want to take them out as soon as they centers are set.  Do not overbake.

Mangia!




No comments:

Post a Comment